Support for Families with children with SEND.
Shropshire is an inclusive authority, so for the majority of children with SEN, including those supported with an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP), the local school will be able to meet identified needs.
Please visit the SEND Local Offer, using the following link: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/the-send-local-offer/
Here, you will find information about support that is available for issues such as transport, health, finance and the EHCP process.
Listed below are some activities provided by local organisations, which have an inclusive approach. Please visit their websites for further information. We are not connected to these organisations.
This is by no means an exhaustive list. If you are aware of any other organisations and activities which you would like to add, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Little Rascals Kids + SEND Play Sessions and sports club: http://www.littlerascalsfoundation.com/
- Shropshire Inclusive Dance (SiD): https://sidance.live
- Shrewsbury Sports Village ‘All In’ activities: www.shropshireleisurecentres.com/shrewsbury_svillage/Inclusive-Activities
- Shrewsbury Town in the Community – Ball Skills Group for Children with Coordination Difficulties: www.shrewsburytowninthecommunity.com
- Jump in SEND Sessions: www.gojumpin.com/locations/trampoline-park-shrewsbury
- Jungleland (SEND specialist sessions): www.junglelandtelford.com