What do we do?
The School Governors are a representative group who oversee the work of the school on behalf of the school and community.
The governors’ aim is to ensure that the children at St Giles CE School get the best possible education that can be provided within the budget set by the Local Authority.
Governors are not involved in the day to day running of the school, but they are there to:
· help form the school’s aims and policies
· support the head teacher and staff in carrying out these aims and policies
· ensure that the National Curriculum is carried out
· advise on the administration of the school’s budget
· appoint, promote and discipline staff
· provide outside advice and act as a link between the local community and school
The full governing body meets once a term. Working groups for staffing, finance, premises (including health and safety) and curriculum matters also meet once a term. Minutes of these meetings are available in school for parents to see.
In order to meet their responsibilities effectively, St Giles Governors also attend a range of training courses provided by the LA.
Please contact the school if you would like further details about the work of the Governing Body or if you interested in becoming a school governor.
Our Governors are:
|Mr. Niall Kelly||Chair of Governors|
|Cllr. Mrs. Mary Davies||Local Authority Governor|
|Rev. Andrew Knight||Foundation Governor|
|Mrs. Joanne Woolley||Foundation Governor|
|Mr. Rob Watkins||Co-opted Governor|
|Mrs. Caroline Gardner||Ex-officio|
|Mr. Laurence O’Dwyer||Parent Governor|
|Mr. Matt Walker||Community Governor|
|Mrs. Sharon Southall||Staff Governor|